How often do you do laundry? Do you loathe it? I do. I absolutely hate doing laundry, however I do like folding it and putting it away. I also hate cleaning but love organizing. I don't know if that's related, but it seems like it would be.
Anyway, since laundry is a necessary evil until I become independently wealthy and can just wear new clothes daily, I've scoured the internet for hacks to help make the job less toilsome and depressing.
If you hate laundry too or if you just want to save time and energy, check out the tips below!
1. There are a wide variety of uses for vinegar in the laundry including odor remover, and fabric softener. You can check out even more here.
2. When you don't have dryer sheets on hand, or if you just want to save some cash, you can use balled up aluminum foil. Check it out here.
3. For grease stains, rub white chalk over it and the chalk will absorb the grease in the wash. Check it out here!
4. For more solutions for the removal of various types of stains, check out this article from One Good Thing By Jillee
5. Create a laundry binder with all of your essential laundry info including how things should be dried, stain removal tips, and what the laundry symbols on tags mean. I have a laundry binder in my shop with all this and more. You can find it here.
6. When you finish a load, do you constantly have to check which items can or cannot go in the dryer? Instead check before it goes in the washing machine and using a dry erase marker write reminders to yourself on the lid of your machine. Add a magnet to your marker so you can keep it on the machine and not lose it.
7. Help you kids learn where their clothing goes with these I Know Where It Goes Stickers placed on their drawers.
8. Hate sorting the laundry before you wash it? Check out this hack from Orgjunkie.com on how this mom eliminated sorting from her laundry system.
9. When your whites aren't looking so bright, there are several options. You can use bleach, sun dry them, or make your house smell super fresh by boiling them with a sliced lemon.
10. Add a dry fluffy towel to a load before you put it in the dryer. Your clothes will dry faster.
11. Here's another surprising tip for keeping you wash nice and bright. Add a tablespoon of pepper to your wash and the colors won’t bleed.
12. Do you hate the tedium of folding shirts? Check out this method for folding shirts beautifully in mere seconds! It works like a charm every time.
13. Need to dry some shoes quickly but hate the banging sound they make in the dryer? Take the laces and close them in the latch door.
I hope that you find these tips useful. If you love the binder idea, check out the one I created in the shop. Once you gather all of the tips, tricks, and laundry hacks, you don't have to keep looking up the same answers; you can just keep them all together in your binder. I love this way of keeping all my laundry info together.
Do you have a great hack for helping with the laundry? Leave it in the comments.
P.S. Never miss a post by signing up for my weekly newsletter here. Not only will you get notified of the latest blog posts, but you will also get discounts, freebies, and info only for subscribers!