Disclaimer: The Multitasking Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Anything linked within this post are items that the author, herself, would purchase and all other content continues to be the author's own opinion.
In honor of Memorial Day coming up, Tyler and I created an Uncle Sam craft to celebrate. This was lots of fun and involved more steps than some of our past crafts. At 4, Tyler definitely appreciated this. Plus, since this project involved painting, it gave us something to do while the paint dried. Check it out!
What To Do:
1. Paint one craft stick completely blue on one side. Paint the top third of 3 sticks red and the top third of 3 sticks white. Let dry.
2. While your sticks are drying, trace your kid's hands with the pencil onto white paper and cut them out. While I was cutting out the hands, Tyler picked out eyes for Uncle Sam.
3. Line up the sticks so that they alternate red and white. Glue the blue stick across them as shown below. This becomes Uncle Sam's red and white hat with a blue brim.
4. Next glue on two eyes for Sam and glue on the two white hand at the bottom for the beard.
5. Lastly, draw a little smile on our buddy Sam.
This project was a lot of fun to make and I think it turned out pretty cute. It would look great hanging up on the wall or on a mantle. This project is great for any of the patriotic holidays including Memorial Day, Labor Day, Flag Day, and Independence Day. It also makes use of super basic craft supplies that you are likely to have at home especially if you've done some of our other crafts. We hope you enjoy it.
Be sure to tune in Friday when we kick off Memorial Day weekend with a review of the New York Baby Show complete with a swag bag giveaway so you can feel like you were there!
P.S. Never miss a post by signing up for my weekly newsletter here. Not only will you get notified of the latest blog posts, but you will also get discounts, freebies, and info only for subscribers!