Happy Independence Day! Our household has been pretty crazy these past few days. We are in the midst of moving from our home, into my mother's house. Our house has been on the market for forever, but we now have a buyer and were under contract to sell.
Since the house was on the market so long and we had no idea when it would actually sell, we didn't really spend much time looking for a new house. Hence, we are moving in with my mom for the time being. This will give us time to find the perfect home for our family,
It also means a lot of moving sorting and moving stuff to storage, and organizing. However, we are taking today off to relax and spend time with family. We will by BBQing and sparklering, and celebrating.
Since all our things are in boxes and everything is up in the air, I put together a list of things we can do to celebrate Independence Day that don't require a lot of prep or materials. Check it out.
Ideas For Celebrating July 4th
1. Put on your red, white, and blue attire and have a Yankee Doodle parade around the back yard
2. Use sidewalk chalk to draw the American flag on the ground or the side of the house
3. Walk around the neighborhood in the evening to find fireworks
4. Make a flag frui tray with blueberries, strawberries, and white chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut stars our of watermelon for a fun and festive snack
6. Cut stars out of scrap cardboard ad use spray paint to make red, white, and blue stars on the lawn
7. Make Patriotic Sangria with white wine, apple juice, ice, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and apples slices cut into stars.
8. Tiered white and blue ribbons onto a stick for a patriotic wand
9. Paint empty tin can in Patriotic colors. Stack them up in a pyramid and grab a waffle ball for a ball toss game..
10. Cut a small hole in the bottom center of a large solo cup. Stick the end of your sparklers in the cup and have little hand hold it from inside the cup for a hand protector.
11. Grab some construction paper and decorate with red, white, and blue paper chains.
12. Make red velvet cupcakes (from the box is OK with me). Top with white frosting and blueberries.
13. Have a contest on who can recite the longest quote from the declaration of independence
14. Make an America playlist and be sure to include: Born in the USA, American Pie, American Woman, American Girl, and American Idiot
15. Dip the sides of an ice cream sandwich in sprinkles for a fun and festive treat.
I hope These ideas help you find ways to make your 4th of July fun and festive. I hope you all enjoy your holiday and have a fun and festive fourth of July!
P.S. Never miss a post by signing up for my weekly newsletter here. Not only will you get notified of the latest blog posts, but you will also get discounts, freebies, and info only for subscribers!