Last week we talked about creating an evening routine in order to have a smoother morning. You can read about that and get the free printable here. With school starting in a few weeks, many of us will be changing up our morning routine. This year T will be enrolling in an early learning program for the first time so there will be new things to add to our routine. The following are the steps to follow when transitioning to a new routine.
1. Perform a brain dump of everything that needs to get done in the morning. This should include absolutely everything including what you already do now.
2. Once you see everything listed out, dole out the tasks to who will accomplish them. Maybe mom dresses the baby and dad helps dress the toddler. Maybe mom puts lunch in the bag while dad puts the baby in the car seat. Everyone shock have jobs to do and they should know what they are. This will help mornings run much more smoothly. There will be far less confusion.
3. Put together a schedule. With more things to do in the morning it's good to put together a time table of when things should get done. This way you know if you are on time or not. Everyone should have their own schedule. You don't want to have to look through a bunch of items to figure out what you need to do. Have a toddler who can't read? Use pictures to create his or her morning routine. For example toucan have a picture of toothpaste and a toothbrush followed by a picture of clothes and then a picture of breakfast.
4. At least a week before school, have a trial run of your routine. See if anything needs to be changed or times tweaked. Practice until you think it's just right.
5. Build an extra few minutes into your routine for the inevitable mishap. Things happen. The baby has a blowout just as you're leaving the house or the toddler spills juice on his school clothes. It's best to have a few minutes built in to accommodate these types of events.
Are you ready for back to school or are you dreading it? I just registered T yesterday and it got very real. While I'm excited for T to make new friends and have stories to tell of what he did, I still can't believe how fast he's growing up.
In the meantime, we will enjoy whats left of summer.
Have you ever accidentally over scheduled yourself and then not know what to do? This happened to me last month with Hailey's swim class. Check out the steps we took to resolve the problem.
I’ve tried lots of different affiliate programs, many of which I stopped using because I could not find products I felt good about promoting or the program lacked reliability. This program is one of the best values I’ve found. Find out why!
Since laundry is a necessary evil until I become independently wealthy, I've scoured the internet for hacks to help make the job less toilsome and depressing. If you hate laundry too or if you just want to save time and energy, check out these tips!
We are in the middle of moving. Between organizing the move and determining what goes to the new place and what goes to storage, we have learned a lot. The following are my tips for an organized and efficient move.
On Sunday we just got back from our first long weekend away with the kiddos. We drove from NY to PA and spent Thursday through Sunday relaxing and spending some time away from real life. We all had a blast especially Tyler. The trip went really well and aside from one very minor snafu, it was a nice break. The following are a few tips we have from the experience.
Batching is a tactic that many entrepreneurs and businesses use to get more things done in less time. Here is an explanation on what batching is and how busy moms can use this tactic to save time and energy.
Last weekend I attended the New York Baby Show with the kiddos and it was a blast. There was so much to see and do and listen to. Even Tyler had a good time. Considering the fact that we were there for over 5 hours, I think that's pretty good. Let me take you through the event.
Do you feel like you need to whip out the "Caution" tape cause the room in which your kids play is a disaster zone? Are you constantly stepping on Legos? Ouch! Or tripping over toys? Maybe you just want to cut down on the clutter.
Do you ever feel like your schedule is running your life? The other weekend was kind of like that. On Saturday we had an inspection at my house at 9 am, T had dance class at 10, I had to go to the store to pick up something for my brother's pot luck engagement party later that day, a house showing at 2pm, and then the engagement party at 4pm. After the engagement party my husband also had a cast party for a show he was in while I stayed home with the kids. The next day my son had picture day at the dance school at 11:30, and then I had to pick up my in laws, and then my daughter's cake, and be back home for Hailey's birthday party at 2pm.
In this day and age, there is no reason that we should ever have to sacrifice form for function. With so many products available to us, finding a product that fits our needs and fits our decor is totally possible. In regards to paper organization, gone are the days of the metal filing cabinet and ugly manila file folders.