Do you still watch Grey's Anatomy? I do. I mean I'm way behind, but I am definitely working to catch up. I just have a few more weeks of grad school until I complete my credits to graduate. You know how people create drinking games to go with their favorite TV shows. Well I took that inspiration in a slightly different direction. Hence, the Ultimate Grey's Anatomy Workout.
The Bulk of the Workout
For the most part, this workout will consist of three basic exercises with surprise moves thrown in. When the show is on, you will either do tricep dips on the edge of the couch, or sit balanced on the edge of your seat with legs together and bring your knees in and out. On commercial breaks, you will jog in place.
The Fun Part (Sort of)
The following is a list of different things that may happen in the show and what to do if they do. You should have hand weights available for this part.
- Someone hooks up in an on call room - 10 Jumping Jacks
- Meredith and Alex freak out, lie for one another, conspire, or defend each other - 10 bicep curls on each side
- A long rant/speech or a warning is given - Soccer taps until the rant is finished
- Jackson and April get into a fight or they fight with Catherine - 16 alternating upper cuts
- Someone says “push one of epi” - 5 pushups
- Jo cries… and cries - take a break
- We see a flashback - 10 chest presses
- Weber scares everyone or says something insightful - 10 squats
- Arizona says she misses Sofia - Grab water
- Callie is mentioned - 5 lunges on each side
- Maggie talks about how she likes Riggs - 10 shoulder presses
In order to help you remember all of these, I have created a printable with all the spontaneous exercises for you to print out and post on the wall or entertainment center. Just fill out the form below.
This is one of my favorite types of multitasking, combining TV and exercise. My other favorite is listening to podcasts and driving, but that is definitely not a good time to add working out.
I really hope you enjoy the workout! What other shows would you like to workout to? Let me know in the comments and I'll create more workouts.
P.S. Never miss a post by signing up for my weekly newsletter here. Not only will you get notified of the latest blog posts, but you will also get discounts, freebies, and info only for subscribers!