Disclaimer: The Multitasking Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Anything linked within this post are items that the author, herself, would purchase and all other content continues to be the author's own opinion.
Valentine’s Day is less than 2 weeks away, so Tyler and I thought it was the perfect time to make our own Valentine’s Day craft. This was inspired by a door hanger decoration I saw in the store somewhere that I thought was super cute. It was a vertical XO door hanger. So, we decided to create our own from tissue paper and cardboard. Check out how we made it!
2. Cut the thin cardboard to form the X. You can either cut out the X straight away or cut out the two cross pieces and glue them together.
3. Cut up the red and pink tissue paper into small squares.
4. In small sections, spread glue onto your X and O. Crumple your tissue paper squares into small balls and glue them onto your letters. Try to minimize white spaces.
5. Let the glue dry completely.
6. Cut a section of your string or twine. Make a loop on top and then tape on the X followed by the O.
7. Hang it up and admire your super cute door hanger!!
This was a super fun and simple project. Tyler liked making sure there was a good mix of red and pink on our X and O. Plus, I think it came out really cute! It’s a great way to spend an evening leading up to Valentine's Day.
Try it and show me how yours comes out in the Facebook group!
P.S. Never miss a post by signing up for my weekly newsletter here. Not only will you get notified of the latest blog posts, but you will also get discounts, freebies, and info only for subscribers!