For those of you following along, on Friday, April 1, 2016 I reached 35 weeks of pregnancy. I am super excited to be heading towards the home stretch! We have been continuing to take our weekly belly pictures and Tyler continues to make an appearance in them. You can see all the pictures from each week on my Instagram page.
Here are the pictures from the last few weeks:
All in all, I have been feeling really good. I continue to work out 5-6 days a week including light cardio and weights. I try to eat healthy with a few splurges here and there. Hailey has been pretty active in there but not nearly as violent as Tyler was. With Tyler I felt a lot more sharp kicks and jabs. With Hailey it feels more like shes just rolling around in there. Although I feel 100 times bigger that I was with Tyler, size wise we are right on track.
As far as weight gain at our last appointment we had gained a little over 30 lbs over the course of the pregnancy. I expect that we will be slightly over the desired 25-15 lbs weight gain that is recommended, but I'm pretty comfortable with that. Once we have recovered from delivery, I will be tracking my weight loss progress here on the blog as I get back to my pre-pregnancy shape. I plan to include everything from diet to exercise as I work off the baby weight.
If you are following on Facebook or Instagram, you know that this past weekend was our maternity photo shoot with my super talented sister in law, Katie. Not only does she take fabulous photos, but she is great with kids, even when they are being recalcitrant...
Here are just a handful of the amazing pictures:
You would never know that Tyler was refusing to take pictures, hiding his face, and just wanted to run around. Katie was so kind and patient and worked both with and around him to get some pretty amazing shots. Definitely go check out more of her work at Katie Joy Photography.
On a separate note, the more I look at my maternity pictures, the more I think it looks like I just put a basketball under my dress... I guess that's a good thing; only one area to work on post baby. Everyone keeps telling me I don't look pregnant from behind. I guess that's why.
What I'm Missing
For this second part of the post I decided to create a list of the things I can't wait for when Hailey is born. I finally feel comfortable allowing myself to dream about these things since delivery day is coming soon. Meeting and loving on Hailey is a given, so I have not included that on my list. Here is everything else that I can't wait to do/have.
- Wine: I'm not even a huge drinker, but every once in a while a nice glass of wine can really save the day. It has been a long while since I got to enjoy that.
- Lying on my front: As a front sleeper, I really miss this one. I hate the pressure that side sleeping puts on my hips. I can't wait to be able to knock out lying on my belly.
- Sushi: I truly miss this part of my diet. Sushi is my favorite way to consume fish. It's also one of my favorite meals to order in. I can't wait til that's back on the menu.
- A good deli sandwich: I grew up in the Bronx, NY. I know what a good Italian deli sandwich tastes like. I miss it more than I care to admit.
- Comfortably having Tyler sit on my lap: Tyler regularly wants to sit on my lap, but with this basketball sized belly it has become increasingly difficult. It now involves a lot of sliding and squirming to reach a comfortable position. I can't wait til that is no longer an issue.
- Comfortably sitting in general: We are getting to the point where sitting means discomfort no matter how you sit. You have to stand up to feel like you have room to breathe. I'm over that.
Other than that, I have really enjoyed my pregnancy. I haven't really had any issues. Little to no swelling, little to no heartburn, and minimal aches and pains. Actually, the biggest pain is rolling from side to side in bed. I get a pain in my pelvis that is pretty awakening, making it more difficult to get back to sleep. Other than that, I have been very fortunate. This coming Sunday is our baby shower/my birthday party. I turn 31 on Monday the 11th. I can't wait to celebrate with friends and family.
This Friday's post will include some really useful time management tips for Spring cleaning.
See you then