When you have a newborn and you choose to breastfeed, you can spend much of your day with a small person attached to your boob. With 8-12 feedings a day clocking in at 20-40 minutes each, this is a lot of time spent sedentary. Here's a list of things you can do while breastfeeding to help pass the time.
1. Talk to your baby - Being in such close proximity, this is great time to chat to your little one. As my 3 year old likes to tell me, they can't talk back, but they can definitely hear you and recognize your voice. Talk to you them about your day. Babies are great listeners.
2. Catch up on TV - You are in one spot for like 30 minutes, prefect time to catch up on your favorite sitcom. You can also split a drama between two feedings.
3. Read a book - For those middle of the night feedings, put on a little nightlight and enjoy a good book. It's quiet, won't disturb anyone, and is a great time to read the latest bestseller.
4. Catch up on social media - You only need one hand to operate your phone right. You can use this time to catch up on Facebook and Instagram and all your other favorite social media sites. Share updates of the baby with friends and family.
5. Write a blog post - You can write a post one handed on your phone while breastfeeding. It may not be as efficient as using 2 hands, but it's a productive way to use your time.
6. Have a sandwich - A sandwich is easy to eat with one hand so you can have it while breastfeeding. What a great time to nourish yourself while you nourish your baby. Just try not to drop crumbs all over the baby.
7. Read a story to your older kids - It may be hard for your older kids to understand that you can't run around with them while you feed the baby. Have story time with them so you get to have quality time with your older kids and the baby gets to hear the story too. Plus older kids love to help turn the pages!!
What have you done while breastfeeding your child? Share in the comments.
Next week we will be talking post-pregnancy body including stretch marks, fitness, sleep, and belly. See you then!
It's officially summer! That means it's time to relax, recharge, and read. In about 2 weeks I will be completely done with my Master's degree, which means I too can finally get back to reading just for fun. I am so excited! Check out my Summer reading picks and enter my giveaway.
Some of us have babies, some have older kids. Some of us work in the home and others work outside the home. What we can and need to do in the morning is different. However, there are certain things we should all not do in the morning and I'm here to tell you what those things are!
It's that time of year where everyone is graduating. There's preschool graduations, kindergarten graduations, middle school, high school, and college. Some are more meaningful than others, but all are important for the person doing the graduating. Here are some perfect gifts for kids graduating preschool.
The perfect Father's Day gifts for the stay at home dad or any dad who loves one on one time with the kids.
Last weekend I attended the New York Baby Show with the kiddos and it was a blast. There was so much to see and do and listen to. Even Tyler had a good time. Considering the fact that we were there for over 5 hours, I think that's pretty good. Let me take you through the event.
Today is Hailey's first birthday!! I can't believe that my baby girl is already a year old. It is so true that the days are long but the years are short. We are currently weaning baby girl from breastfeeding and while I am super relieved, I am also so sad that our special time is ending. But on to happier things!!
Are you a hot mess mama? Do you know someone who is? With Mother's Day coming up, I put together a list of gifts perfect for hot mess mamas. They help with two major contributors for mamas feeling overwhelmed: disorganization and lack of inspiration. Check out following list if you or someone you know could use a little of both.
Did you ever think that balancing household management and mom life would be so hard? You had no idea you’d be so tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed, right?
So today is my birthday!!! On April 11 of 2016 I turned 31 and around that time I created a post about the things I’d like to do before my next birthday. This list consisted of a wide range of goals including trips with the family, school goals, and friends goals. You can find that post here. Back in July, I posted my first update at a quarter of the way through the year and in October I posted my progress at the halfway point. January marked the 3 quarters point. Now here we are a full year later.
The New York Baby Show is coming up in May and I am super excited! It is the biggest show for new and expectant parents in the country. Last year I was able to snag free tickets, however, Hailey was born just over a week before the show and we just couldn't get it together to go. This year, nothing is standing in our way!! Check what we are getting excited about and then learn how you can win some free tickets for yourself!!