When you have a newborn and you choose to breastfeed, you can spend much of your day with a small person attached to your boob. With 8-12 feedings a day clocking in at 20-40 minutes each, this is a lot of time spent sedentary. Here's a list of things you can do while breastfeeding to help pass the time.
1. Talk to your baby - Being in such close proximity, this is great time to chat to your little one. As my 3 year old likes to tell me, they can't talk back, but they can definitely hear you and recognize your voice. Talk to you them about your day. Babies are great listeners.
2. Catch up on TV - You are in one spot for like 30 minutes, prefect time to catch up on your favorite sitcom. You can also split a drama between two feedings.
3. Read a book - For those middle of the night feedings, put on a little nightlight and enjoy a good book. It's quiet, won't disturb anyone, and is a great time to read the latest bestseller.
4. Catch up on social media - You only need one hand to operate your phone right. You can use this time to catch up on Facebook and Instagram and all your other favorite social media sites. Share updates of the baby with friends and family.
5. Write a blog post - You can write a post one handed on your phone while breastfeeding. It may not be as efficient as using 2 hands, but it's a productive way to use your time.
6. Have a sandwich - A sandwich is easy to eat with one hand so you can have it while breastfeeding. What a great time to nourish yourself while you nourish your baby. Just try not to drop crumbs all over the baby.
7. Read a story to your older kids - It may be hard for your older kids to understand that you can't run around with them while you feed the baby. Have story time with them so you get to have quality time with your older kids and the baby gets to hear the story too. Plus older kids love to help turn the pages!!
What have you done while breastfeeding your child? Share in the comments.
Next week we will be talking post-pregnancy body including stretch marks, fitness, sleep, and belly. See you then!
I created a quick 9 question survey that will help me better serve you in the coming year. I look forward to reading your honest responses and incorporating them into my blog in the coming months.
There are so many ways to celebrate the holiday season. Here are the traditions that we hold near and dear.
The best online pregnancy journal since the Sprout app closed is doors is not from a brand that you might expect.
Holiday goals are short term goals that cover all aspects of life. These are super important to ensure you have a successful, enjoyable holiday season without regrets.
What is the Mom Conference you ask. Well, its a 3 day FREE online conference with 20 speakers giving tips, advice and insight on all aspects of mom life.
In May of 2018, Hailey is going to become a big sister and Tyler is going to be a big brother again! That's right, baby #3 is on the way. We couldn't be more excited and maybe a little nervous. Can you say #outnumbered!
I was recently contacted to check out a game created by RoosterFin called Bouncing Bots. They sent me the toy for free and asked that I provide an honest review. We have played the game a few times now and so here goes my review.
Having a relaxed and well functioning home means less time wasted on arguments and unhappiness and more time getting things done and having fun. That is why I am so excited to have come across Madeleine Davis who provides strategies to stop the nagging.
How you can get your hands on 80 resources to help you overcome numerous parenting struggles for 98% off. Help for our biggest parenting questions.
Three of the not so common ways we are preparing for the school year with morning routines, labels, and dollar store finds.