When you have a newborn and you choose to breastfeed, you can spend much of your day with a small person attached to your boob. With 8-12 feedings a day clocking in at 20-40 minutes each, this is a lot of time spent sedentary. Here's a list of things you can do while breastfeeding to help pass the time.
1. Talk to your baby - Being in such close proximity, this is great time to chat to your little one. As my 3 year old likes to tell me, they can't talk back, but they can definitely hear you and recognize your voice. Talk to you them about your day. Babies are great listeners.
2. Catch up on TV - You are in one spot for like 30 minutes, prefect time to catch up on your favorite sitcom. You can also split a drama between two feedings.
3. Read a book - For those middle of the night feedings, put on a little nightlight and enjoy a good book. It's quiet, won't disturb anyone, and is a great time to read the latest bestseller.
4. Catch up on social media - You only need one hand to operate your phone right. You can use this time to catch up on Facebook and Instagram and all your other favorite social media sites. Share updates of the baby with friends and family.
5. Write a blog post - You can write a post one handed on your phone while breastfeeding. It may not be as efficient as using 2 hands, but it's a productive way to use your time.
6. Have a sandwich - A sandwich is easy to eat with one hand so you can have it while breastfeeding. What a great time to nourish yourself while you nourish your baby. Just try not to drop crumbs all over the baby.
7. Read a story to your older kids - It may be hard for your older kids to understand that you can't run around with them while you feed the baby. Have story time with them so you get to have quality time with your older kids and the baby gets to hear the story too. Plus older kids love to help turn the pages!!
What have you done while breastfeeding your child? Share in the comments.
Next week we will be talking post-pregnancy body including stretch marks, fitness, sleep, and belly. See you then!
I was recently contacted to check out a game created by RoosterFin called Bouncing Bots. They sent me the toy for free and asked that I provide an honest review. We have played the game a few times now and so here goes my review.
Having a relaxed and well functioning home means less time wasted on arguments and unhappiness and more time getting things done and having fun. That is why I am so excited to have come across Madeleine Davis who provides strategies to stop the nagging.
How you can get your hands on 80 resources to help you overcome numerous parenting struggles for 98% off. Help for our biggest parenting questions.
Learn about the power effect that journaling can have on your life, the many reasons people find it hard to stick with, and an awesome solution for busy moms.
Since all our things are in boxes and everything is up in the air, I put together a list of things we can do to celebrate Independence Day that don't require a lot of prep or materials. Check it out!
If you have ever read any of my gift guide posts, you will know that I have a soft spot for sarcastic and humorous t-shirts. I recently came across Starlight Baby, an online shop for baby onesies and pacifier clips. I was given the opportunity to test out one of their onesies on Hailey and with their cute designs, I couldn't resist.
Summer is here! If you were used to having the kids in school during the year, you may be looking at the prospect of losing what little free time you had. And by free time, I mean time to run errands and tidy up the house and pay bills, etc.. Here are some things you can do to make sure you get some time to accomplish your household tasks while still having a fun summer.
It's officially summer! That means it's time to relax, recharge, and read. In about 2 weeks I will be completely done with my Master's degree, which means I too can finally get back to reading just for fun. I am so excited! Check out my Summer reading picks and enter my giveaway.
Some of us have babies, some have older kids. Some of us work in the home and others work outside the home. What we can and need to do in the morning is different. However, there are certain things we should all not do in the morning and I'm here to tell you what those things are!
It's that time of year where everyone is graduating. There's preschool graduations, kindergarten graduations, middle school, high school, and college. Some are more meaningful than others, but all are important for the person doing the graduating. Here are some perfect gifts for kids graduating preschool.